The Meadows Community League recently participated in a review of our gaming procedures by the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission (AGLC). These reviews are conducted on a random basis with all not-for-profit organizations – we welcome these opportunities to ensure we are fulfilling our due diligence and acting in accordance with AGLC regulations.
The review identified some discrepancies related to processing of volunteer vouchers. AGLC has assisted us in reviewing these discrepancies, correcting them and putting protocols in place to ensure adherence to gaming regulations moving forward.
Following is the AGLC Voucher Credit Redemption guide:
- Vouchers are valid for one year from date of issue
- Voucher credits can only be redeemed by approved AGLC not-for-profit groups with a gaming license
Voucher Credit Redemption process:
- Present voucher to AGLC-approved not-for-profi
- Not-for-profit organization reduces balance owing based on voucher value
- Not-for-profit organization invoices TMCL for reimbursement of voucher value
- TMCL forwards cheque made payable to not-for-profit
- Not-for-profit deposits cheque into their gaming account
AGLC’s current list of approved, Edmonton not-for-profits is available on our website or by contacting AGLC. Please contact AGLC directly (780-447-8600) for lists of eligible not-for-profits outside of Edmonton.
The Meadows Community League strives for open, honest and transparent communication with our members. We will endeavour to communicate any updates via our website and social media. Please don’t hesitate to email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions or concerns.