The Meadows Community League is looking for a rink attendant. If you are interested in the position, please review the job description below and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note that applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age to apply)
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Rink Attendant is responsible for maintaining the rink shack and the supervision of the facility to maintain a safe and secure environment to TMCL members.
The Rink Attendant reports to the TMCL Rink Manager and is responsible for keeping the rink shack facilities clean and safe along with supervision during operational hours. The Rink Attendant is also responsible to inform the Rink Director when maintenance of the facility is observed.
- Rink Shack Buildings
- Supervise the rink area during regular rink shack hours to ensure the safe and orderly conduct of recreational skaters. Hours will be set by the TMCL board prior to the beginning of each outdoor season.
- Clearing of snow from Ice surface areas and all access doors to the facility.
- To perform a safety and security check of the facilities on a weekly basis.
- Identify and report any required maintenance problems or emergency repair requirements to the rink director.
- Ensure shack facilities are locked and secured when not in use.
- Report fire and medical emergencies to the rink director.
- To operate community league supplied gas powered commercial grade sweeper, snow blower, and 25 HP tractor equipped with sweeper and snow blower attachments for removing snow from the rink surface areas.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Rink attendant must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Basic knowledge of maintenance or preventative maintenance and operation of the facilities.
Rink Attendant must demonstrate the following skills:
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Time management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
Rink Attendant must also demonstrate the following attributes:
- Maintain standards of conduct
- Be respectful
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate a dedication to the position and the community
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- When working alone it is recommended that the rink attendant phone or text the Rink Director when work is commenced and again when completed to confirm that your shift has been completed safely.
The Rink Attendant has a physically strenuous position. He/she will be expected to lift, carry and manage equipment and supplies. He/she may have to work long hours at a time to properly maintain the facilities and may from time to time be required to work during off-hour activities.
The Rink Attendant may work in either TMCL outdoor rink facilities. The Rink Attendant may find these environments to be cold, busy and noisy, proper outwear will be required as well as good time management to complete the required duties.
There will be duties which will be noisy which may make it difficult for the attendant to concentrate. He/she may be expected to use cleaning materials and other chemicals that may cause irritation to the skin.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Rink Attendant(s) in this position. They are not intended to be an exclusive list of all responsibilities and activities required of this position.