We are working hard to create a site that is more aesthetically pleasing, easier to read and navigate, and contains content tailored for our Community Members.
Engage in activities that include LEGO, models, crafts and learning (Ages 5-12).
Held in The Meadows Community League (TMCL) room on the second floor of the Meadows Community Recreation Centre on Friday, October 23rd, from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
$30 per child – Call 780 267 0615 to register
THE TEAL PUMPKIN PROJECT
Display a TEAL Pumpkin at your home this Halloween to let kids with allergies know there are safe, allergy-friendly options for trick or treaters.
The Teal Pumpkin Project is a fun way to make sure Halloween is safe and fun for everyone. Food Allergy Research and Education (FARE) wants to promote safety, inclusion and awareness of children managing food allergies. This nationwide movement offers an alternative for kids with food allergies as well as other children for whom candy is not an option. It keeps Halloween fun and a positive experience for all!
Join us Sunday, October 25, 2015, at The Meadows Community League room from 2:00 PM till 3:30 PM in The Meadows Community Recreation Centre on the 2nd floor. We will have a craft set up to promote The Teal Pumpkin Project where you and your family can paint a pumpkin teal to proudly display on Halloween. All supplies will be provided as well as we’ll give families some information on food allergies and a list of fun non- candy treats. The cost is $5.00 to members of a Community League or $7.00 to non-members all proceeds will be donated back to FARE.
Contact Tracie at 780-990-9771 for questions or to register.
Spider Kickboxing & MMA
- Classes are Tuesday nights at Velma E Baker School Gym from 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM
- This is a beginner class for anyone 15 years and up
- $10 a class for Community League Members
- $12 a class for Non Members
- The first two weeks drop-in is available for $15, after these 2 classes there will be no drop in’s
- Limit of 20 people
- Comfortable gym clothing and shoes are recommended.
- Registration is Oct 6 at 7:15 PM at Velma E. Baker School. The last class is on November 24th.